Homebase adds YouTube social commerce channel
Homebase is expanding its social commerce offering by launching a YouTube channel with Facebook integration.
Homebase: launching new YouTube channel
The channel is integrated with Facebook’s Open Graph, so when a user watches one of its videos it will automatically publish a ‘watch’ in their timeline, to aid content discovery.
Visitors to the channel can also post comments directly on Homebase’s Facebook page. If they log in to the channel using their Facebook ID, they will be able to see which of their friends have watched content on the channel.
Homebase has also tagged products in its videos, enabling users to click through to purchase the item via its ecommerce store and helping the retailer track sales.
The channel was devised by Mindshare and built by design agency Maido.
Social commerce is yet to gain traction in the UK, but several brands are exploring commerce on YouTube as they look to derive more commercial value from the site.
PZ Cussons-owned spa and beauty products brand The Sanctuary and fashion retailer ASOS both recently launched shoppable YouTube videos.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Midweight Planner Source £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits & progression/training , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...