LoveFilm launches on Nintendo Wii
LoveFilm, the Amazon-owned film and entertainment service, is launching on Nintendo Wii, as it plays catch-up to rival Netflix, which is already on the gaming platform.
LoveFilm: rolls out on Nintendo Wii
Subscribers to the service will be able to access LoveFilm’s range of movies and TV shows from their internet-connected Wii console by downloading the free LoveFilm app.
The new Nintendo Wii U console will come installed with a LoveFilm app, but it is yet to be activated. A spokeswoman said it will be activated shortly.
LoveFilm joins the list of film and entertainment partners already available on the Wii, which includes its rival Netflix.
The service is already available on Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s PlayStation 3.
Amazon, which has come under fire in the UK over its tax affairs, recently revealed it had made £441m in revenue in 2011 from subsidiaries, including LoveFilm and other business outside its main site.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £75K + bonus & benefits, South West London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...