Advertising Effectiveness: the long and short of it
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and acclaimed marketing specialist, Peter Field, are set to unveil the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability' tomorrow, and all Brand Republic users can get a frontrow seat.
Les Binet, adam&eve DDB (left) and Peter Field
Taking place at BAFTA in London’s Piccadilly between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (5 December), the Thinkbox event will be streamed live on Brand Republic.
Binet and Field’s celebrated 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability' provided a meta-analysis of 880 IPA Effectiveness Awards entries from across 26 years was crammed full of wisdom and insight; it challenged and changed many commonly held beliefs in marketing.
Other speakers will include Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company; Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis; Marie Oldham, chief strategy officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, research and planning director at Thinkbox.
In anticipation of tomorrow’s event, Lindsey Clay, managing director of Thinkbox, said: "Tickets for this event were snapped up almost overnight – demand was so high we had to change to a larger venue. And we can understand why: Binet and Field are the godfathers of advertising effectiveness.
"What they say changes marketing and the industry has been waiting five years for the update to their previous, pioneering study. Plus they are being joined at this event by some of the finest marketing minds around today. If you don’t have a ticket then the free live stream is a must watch."
Your online EPG
- 9.00am to 9.15am Introduction
Lindsey Clay, managing director of Thinkbox, introduces the morning.
- 9.15am to 10.45am Short term sales, long term profit
Les Binet, head of effectiveness, adam&eve DDB, and Peter Field, marketing consultant, will give the keynote presentation unveiling the eagerly awaited update of their seminal 2007 IPA effectiveness study, 'Marketing in the Era of Accountability'.
- 10.45am to 11.15am Break
- 11.15am to 12.00pm Panel session with…
…Les Binet; Peter Field; Marie Oldham, Chief Strategy Officer at MPG Media Contacts; and Neil Mortensen, Thinkbox’s research and planning director. They will discuss the research and its implications. Chaired by Tess Alps, Thinkbox’s executive chair.
- 12.00pm to 12.20pm Balancing long and short-term effectiveness
Mike Colling, managing director at Mike Colling & Company, will examine the issues involved by looking at three different brand stories.
- 12.20pm – 1pm Show some emotion
Craig Inglis, marketing director at John Lewis, will be sitting down with Lindsey Clay to discuss his experience of managing the long and short term challenges of advertising return.
- 1pm Event close
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London