Thomson and First Choice profits beat Thomas Cook results
Thomson and First Choice owner TUI Travel has reported an 8% jump in pre-tax profits to £390m with an "outstanding performance" in the UK, a week after rival Thomas Cook posted £483m in losses.
TUI Travel: UK performance helped boost annual profits to £390m
TUI Travel said today's results showed a "record year of profit" for the year to 30 September, with strong summer 2013 bookings already in the UK, Nordics and Germany, including a significant growth in profitable market share in the UK.
Peter Long, chief executive of TUI Travel, said the company achieved outstanding results against a backdrop of "continued economic uncertainty".
Announcing the next stage in the company’s strategic development, he said: "This roadmap for growth, built on our detailed understanding of the market and robust business models, means that we are well placed to continue to deliver long-term sustainable growth, which in turn, will drive further value for both our shareholders and customers."
TUI is expected to launch multimillion-pound marketing campaigns for its Thomson and First Choice brands at the end of the year, while rival Thomas Cook is currently finalising plans for its post-Christmas push.
Last week, Marketing revealed Thomas Cook had shelved its planned post-Christmas campaign without a solid replacement lined up, although the operator claims it will be spending £5m on its end-of-year push.
Thomas Cook last week reported pre-tax losses of £485.3m for the year to the end of September, up from £398.2m in 2011.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...