Arena Media lands Ricola account
Arena Media has won the £3m media account for Swiss herbal sweet brand Ricola following a pitch against three other undisclosed agencies.
Ricola: Arena wins £3m TV account
It is understood that there was no incumbent agency on the account.
The new Ricola campaign will launch in the New Year with the brand set to invest £3m in TV advertising across 2013 from an overall marketing budget of £5.5m.
According to Arena, the campaign marks a move back to TV advertising for the Swiss confectioner, following "impressive" year-on-year sales growth.
All media will be planned and bought by Arena Media, with creative work being produced in-house.
The new campaign will aim to highlight Ricola as the sweet with a "natural mouthwatering" taste that epitomises the Swiss Alps.
The campaign will target upmarket 35- to 64-year-old women and will launch with a roadblock of programmes on Sunday night.
Andy Richman, Ricola country manager for UK and Ireland, said: "Arena Media was selected for its focused approach, consumer understanding and its stand out creativity."
Pedro Avery, managing director at Arena Media, said: "Having not advertised above the line for the past couple of years, this is a great opportunity for the brand to make a big impact."
Ricola is currently available in 50 countries.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire