Hula Hoops change hands in KP sell-off
Hula Hoops and KP Nuts are to have a new owner after United Biscuits, the company behind Penguin and McVities, agreed the sale of its KP Snacks business.
Hula Hoops: part of the KP Snacks range sold to Intersnack
KP Snacks, which houses the KP Nuts, Hula Hoops and McCoy’s brands, is being sold to German company Intersnack for an undisclosed sum. The transaction is expected to close during the first quarter of 2013.
United Biscuits split its UK business into two earlier this year, creating separate biscuits and snacks divisions in order to "provide improved service and innovation".
KP Snacks has an annual turnover of £280m and employs around 1,500 people. Its addition to Intersnack will give the German company expected annual sales of more than £1.7bn, with an 8,000 strong workforce.
Maarten Leerdam, executive chairman of Intersnack, said: "We are very pleased to be teaming up with KP Snacks, which represents a strong and highly complementary fit with the Intersnack family of leading businesses throughout Europe.
"Intersnack is a strong believer in the power of iconic, local hero brands, and we aim to leverage these strengths for further expansion. As a privately owned company, we operate our business with a long-term view. As such, the joint know-how of KP Snacks and Intersnack will drive the development of these iconic brands."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...