Dyson kicks off £130m media contest
Dyson, the brand best known for its vacuum cleaners, is reviewing its estimated £130 million global media planning and buying account.
Dyson: PHD is the incumbent on the £12m UK business
The incumbent on the £12 million UK business is PHD, while Mindshare looks after the bulk of its markets in mainland Europe. UM handles the media planning and buying for North America.
Sarah Stevens, the senior category specialist at Dyson, is handling the review. It is being led out of Dyson’s UK headquarters in Wiltshire. Chemistry meetings are being held next week.
Agency sources said that Dyson is exploring the benefits of consolidating into a global network. Dyson is active in 40 countries around the world.
PHD was appointed to the UK account in 2010 after a pitch process. In the same year, Dyson launched a review of its pan-European business, which was retained by Mindshare. Both reviews were handled by AAR.
Dyson has handled its creative in-house following its split from VCCP in 2007.
In March, Dyson failed to convince the Advertising Standards Authority to ban a TV spot for the vacuum cleaner brand Vax after questioning the substance of its "outstanding suction power" claims. The ASA ruled that it was not misleading.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England