Ita Murphy to leave Mindshare
Ita Murphy, the long-standing managing director of Mindshare, is to leave the WPP media agency after 12 years with the business to pursue other interests.
Ita Murphy: Mindshare's managing director to leave the business after 12 years
Murphy, who has been managing director at Mindshare since January 2006, is leaving the agency to pursue her interests in executive coaching and mentoring, and to work on consultancy projects.
Murphy joined Mindshare in 2000, and was promoted to the agency’s executive management team in 2004. She has been managing director, responsible for the day-to-day running of the agency, for close to seven years.
She will not be directly replaced and her responsibilities will be divided by the rest of the senior management team at Mindshare UK.
Prior to joining Mindshare, Murphy was a media director at Initiative for four years, where she worked on clients such as Van den Bergh Foods (part of Unilever) and Birds Eye Wall’s.
Earlier in her career, she spent eight years at The Media Centre, rising to board director, and was a group head at Carat. She began her career in TV sales at ITV sales house Carlton.
Murphy said: "I’m proud to have helped double the size of the business, and to have worked with inspiring teams and clients to shape and develop the outstanding company Mindshare is today.
"The time has now come for me to take on new challenges. Whilst I will miss many of the wonderful people I have worked with at Mindshare, I am really thrilled at the prospect of the next exciting chapter of my career."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)