Sky in search for F1 sponsor to replace Santander
Sky is seeking a sponsor for its Formula 1 coverage to replace last season's sponsor Santander, following the ending of discussions about an extension of the sponsorship.
Santander: Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button in bank's F1 sponsorship ad
The broadcaster struck a six-year deal to broadcast every F1 race in the summer of last year and signed up Santander as the launch partner for its coverage.
Santander has confirmed it has ended discussions about extending its one-year sponsorship deal, which it struck in order to promote its 123 current account.
A Sky spokesperson said: "We have just reached the conclusion of Santander's successful one-year sponsorship of Sky Sports’ F1 coverage. Several brands have already approached us about sponsoring next season's coverage, and discussions are ongoing."
Santander claims it will continue to support F1 through its other sponsorship assets. A spokesman cited its existing "multi-year" deals, which span its corporate partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and sponsorship of Scuderia Ferrari.
The bank will also continue to sponsor individual F1 races next year, including the British, Chinese, German and Spanish Grand Prix.
A Santander spokesman hinted that the UK-based business will continue to use McLaren driver Jenson Button in upcoming advertising campaigns, because the bank "has a track record of using sponsorship assets in advertising and that will continue".
Sky has claimed its F1 coverage had a reach of more than nine million people in the UK last season.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...