#aoty12: Marketing's Agency of the Year winners revealed
BBH has won Marketing's coveted Ad Agency of the Year award for the first time in seven years.
Agency of the Year: more than 80 entries
The agency, whose clients include British Airways, Lynx and KFC, was praised by judges as "clearly at the top of its game".
"After 12 months of producing impressive business growth and work that demonstrably helped its clients’ business blossom, this agency justifiably exudes confidence," they added.
Pushing BBH all the way was Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which narrowly lost out on the top prize.
PHD made it a hatrick of wins, scooping the top prize in the media category for the third consecutive year running. Highlights this year for the Omnicom outfit included landing the bulk of Unilever’s £3bn global communications planning account.
In a stellar year for OgilvyOne, the agency wrested the title from last year’s winner Lida. The WPP agency can add Marketing’s award to its Cannes Lion in Direct and a Cyber Lion, plus the Grand Prix and nine golds from this year’s DMAs.
For the first time, LBi won the digital agency category, while Synergy took the sponsorship prize after impressing judges with its Olympic work for sponsors such as Coca-Cola and BMW.
Winners in other categories created strong Olympic-themed activity, too. FutureBrand, whose chief executive Nick Sykes led the McCann Worldgroup London 2012 team, is named Branding Agency of the Year, while Sense, which worked on three Olympics Games activations, including Glaceau Vitaminwater, captured the experiential title.
Elsewhere, the three-year-old John Doe beat more established players to take the PR title and Sunday repeated its trick of two years ago, triumphing in the Content Marketing category.
The awards, now in their 12th year, saw more than 80 agencies battle it out across 13 categories. Judged by an independent panel of experts, they are heavily skewed towards effectiveness.
REL Field Marketing
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire