Coca-Cola hands corporate and public affairs brief to Open Road
Coca-Cola has handed its lucrative corporate and public affairs work to Open Road after splitting with Portland.
New agency: Coca-Cola split with Portland over conflict issues
The agency won a pitch shoot-out for the UK-wide work after the FMCG company parted ways with Portland over conflict issues relating to historic rival PepsiCo.
Open Road’s retained brief comes at a time of high activity for Coca-Cola, with a UK relaunch and renewed involvement in Formula 1.
PRWeek revealed that Coke was to split with Portland after four years due to the agency’s sale of a majority stake to Omnicom, which works with PepsiCo on a global level.
Open Road, whose clients also include Asda and Vodafone, confirmed the appointment. The agency will report to Joel Morris, Coca-Cola’s director, public affairs and comms, Coca-Cola Great Britain & Ireland.
Morris told PRWeek in October: ‘Portland has done some excellent work for us since being appointed, but their new ownership means that they are unable to repitch.’
Open Road will now slot into a comms set-up that includes The Red Consultancy, Lexis and M&C Saatchi.
The UK arm of the world’s biggest soft drinks manufacturer relaunched its Glacéau vitaminwater brand in recent weeks.
The company is also reportedly readying a return to Formula 1 next year through its global energy brand Burn, in a sponsorship deal with the Lotus F1 Team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £60000 - £650000 per annum, East London
- Head of Delivery - Content The Industry Club London Ltd Dependent on experience, Central London
- Communications Manager Insurance Sector Network Career Consultants £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Visual Merchandising - Luxury Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon