Coca-Cola hands corporate and public affairs brief to Open Road
Coca-Cola has handed its lucrative corporate and public affairs work to Open Road after splitting with Portland.
New agency: Coca-Cola split with Portland over conflict issues
The agency won a pitch shoot-out for the UK-wide work after the FMCG company parted ways with Portland over conflict issues relating to historic rival PepsiCo.
Open Road’s retained brief comes at a time of high activity for Coca-Cola, with a UK relaunch and renewed involvement in Formula 1.
PRWeek revealed that Coke was to split with Portland after four years due to the agency’s sale of a majority stake to Omnicom, which works with PepsiCo on a global level.
Open Road, whose clients also include Asda and Vodafone, confirmed the appointment. The agency will report to Joel Morris, Coca-Cola’s director, public affairs and comms, Coca-Cola Great Britain & Ireland.
Morris told PRWeek in October: ‘Portland has done some excellent work for us since being appointed, but their new ownership means that they are unable to repitch.’
Open Road will now slot into a comms set-up that includes The Red Consultancy, Lexis and M&C Saatchi.
The UK arm of the world’s biggest soft drinks manufacturer recently relaunched its Glacéau vitaminwater brand.
The company is also reportedly readying a return to Formula 1 next year through its global energy brand Burn, in a sponsorship deal with the Lotus F1 Team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire