Sunday Times to stream live Lance Armstrong scoop outside paywall
News International is to live stream a discussion about Sunday Times writer David Walsh's battle to prove Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat outside of the Sunday Times paywall.
Sunday Times: to drop paywall for discussion on Lance Armstrong revelations
News International will screen the one-off event outside of the paywall, as News International uses the event as a marketing exercise to lure in new paid-for subscribers to the site.
Earlier this year News International took the paywall down during the Queens's Diamond Jubilee.
Walsh will discuss his 13-year fight to prove seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong used drugs to win the cycling event during a live stream of a Times+ event hosted by The Sunday Times news review editor Alan Hunter.
The event is being live streamed after tickets for the live discussion, which is taking place at 7.45pm on Thursday (13 December), sold out.
Viewers watching the discussion at home will be able to ask Walsh a question via Twitter using the hasthtag #WalshLive.
Armstrong's fall from the grace this year has dominated sports headlines and resulted in Walsh being named British Journalist of the Year and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...