Sunday Times to stream live Lance Armstrong scoop outside paywall
News International is to live stream a discussion about Sunday Times writer David Walsh's battle to prove Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat outside of the Sunday Times paywall.
Sunday Times: to drop paywall for discussion on Lance Armstrong revelations
News International will screen the one-off event outside of the paywall, as News International uses the event as a marketing exercise to lure in new paid-for subscribers to the site.
Earlier this year News International took the paywall down during the Queens's Diamond Jubilee.
Walsh will discuss his 13-year fight to prove seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong used drugs to win the cycling event during a live stream of a Times+ event hosted by The Sunday Times news review editor Alan Hunter.
The event is being live streamed after tickets for the live discussion, which is taking place at 7.45pm on Thursday (13 December), sold out.
Viewers watching the discussion at home will be able to ask Walsh a question via Twitter using the hasthtag #WalshLive.
Armstrong's fall from the grace this year has dominated sports headlines and resulted in Walsh being named British Journalist of the Year and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)