Clear Channel rolls out 10,000 panel nationwide mobile platform
Clear Channel has launched what it describes as "the UK's first national, permanent high street mobile platform for outdoor media" with a rollout of more than 10,000 Near Field Communications (NFC) and QR code-enabled Adshel and digital roadside panels.
Clear Channel: unveils mobile sites
The new platform has been created to offer interactive content, social media integration and real-time content updates, while consumers can use their smartphones to download vouchers and promotions and help advertisers track responses.
According to Clear Channel, the new network will be the largest permanent mobile platform in UK outdoor media, with the upgrade focused on high streets and town centres with a full service launch in 2013 and has been established through technology specialists Eagle Eye Technology.
Matthew Dearden, Clear Channel chief executive, said: "Clear Channel is constantly looking at new ways to enable brands to meet people. We’re very excited about the engagement opportunities mobile technologies offer to both advertisers and consumers.
"Mobile is the natural companion medium for out-of-home and this innovative platform builds on the outstanding audience and reach already offered by our market-leading roadside portfolio."
Ed Pippin, chief executive of Eagle Eye Technology, said "We are delighted to be working with Clear Channel to deliver this pioneering platform; we’re well versed in helping game-changing companies stay ahead by enabling them to overcome the technical challenges of bringing their innovative ideas to market quickly."
Adshel is Clear Channel’s national high street six-sheet network.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...