Shelter launches online video about homeless children at Christmas
Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity, has launched a digital campaign to raise awareness about the fact that there will be 75,000 children homeless in Britain on Christmas Day.
The charity has unveiled a video, created by Dare, which shows a mother and son who are forced to leave their home when the bailiffs come. The spot ends with the boy lying in a cold, dark room in temporary accommodation, to reinforce the point that homelessness does not mean people living on the streets.
The video, which breaks today, has been posted on YouTube, 4oD and ITV Player.
Campbell Robb, chief executive of Shelter, said: "It’s easy to think of homelessness as single people sleeping rough.
"What people don’t often consider is the rising numbers of families who, through no fault of their own, have lost their home and have no permanent roof over their heads. For people with children, ‘sofa surfing’ with friends and family often just isn’t a realistic option."
The film will be promoted on Twitter.
The creatives working on the campaign were Dipesh Mistry and Rob Graves-Morris. The production company was Mustard and the director was Ben Liam Jones.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)