Shelter launches online video about homeless children at Christmas
Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity, has launched a digital campaign to raise awareness about the fact that there will be 75,000 children homeless in Britain on Christmas Day.
The charity has unveiled a video, created by Dare, which shows a mother and son who are forced to leave their home when the bailiffs come. The spot ends with the boy lying in a cold, dark room in temporary accommodation, to reinforce the point that homelessness does not mean people living on the streets.
The video, which breaks today, has been posted on YouTube, 4oD and ITV Player.
Campbell Robb, chief executive of Shelter, said: "It’s easy to think of homelessness as single people sleeping rough.
"What people don’t often consider is the rising numbers of families who, through no fault of their own, have lost their home and have no permanent roof over their heads. For people with children, ‘sofa surfing’ with friends and family often just isn’t a realistic option."
The film will be promoted on Twitter.
The creatives working on the campaign were Dipesh Mistry and Rob Graves-Morris. The production company was Mustard and the director was Ben Liam Jones.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London