Apple poaches Vimeo PR head Nikki Thompson for senior comms role
Apple has poached Vimeo's European head of PR, Nikki Thompson, for a senior PR role within its UK comms operation.
iPad: new comms lead
PRWeek understands that Thompson will lead comms for Apple's hardware devices, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod, across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa.
It is understood that Thompson replaces Nick Grange, who Apple confirmed has departed the business.
Grange joined Apple alongside Rob Saunders in a high-profile strengthening of its comms team in 2011. Grange joined from Activision, where he was head of European PR. He had previously headed X-Box PR at Microsoft.
Before Vimeo, Thompson was an account director at JCPR and previously worked at Weber Shandwick, Hotwire and Ranieri Communications.
Vimeo global comms director Deborah Szajngarten said there was no immediate plan to replace Thompson. Szajngarten will handle European PR duties from the US and the company will continue to work with Firefly Communications in the UK.
Apple declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...