HTC replaces Sony as mobile partner of Champions League
HTC has replaced Sony as the official mobile phone supplier for the Champions League and Europa League, after striking a three-year deal with UEFA.
HTC: mobile phone supplier signs three-year partnership deal with UEFA
Sony's mobile division had been a sponsor of Champions League football since 2009.
The Sony group will retain an association with the competition through its PlayStation brand.
UEFA, European football's governing body, extended its sponsorship agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment for the Champions League until 2015 and the UEFA Super Cup until 2014, back in April.
HTC claims it will use the sponsorship to deliver "surprising football experiences" to fans through its creative content and its latest technologies.
The agreement includes rights that will enable HTC to give its customers access to action through match tickets and exclusive content.
HTC’s branding will be included in the broadcast credits, on the competitions' websites and on match photographers' jackets.
The mobile manufacturer will use the sponsorship to tie in with its strategy of associating itself with the world of music, imaging, design and sport.
Recent high-profile partnerships include an on-going agreement with the MOBO awards and Rihanna's 777 World Tour.
The sponsorship deal begins on 1 January 2013 and will run until the end of the 2014/2015 football season.
It will also include the UEFA Super Cup final in 2013 and 2014, and the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final in 2013, 2014 and 2015.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...