Spurs earmark US as key international priority
Tottenham Hotspur has earmarked developing the football club's brand in the US as a key priority by targeting its portfolio of sponsors and its US support base through marketing initiatives.
White Hart Lane: home ground of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Aidan Mullally, Tottenham’s senior manager, international business development, said: "We see the US as our number one priority."
The club went on a pre-season tour of the US this year, visiting cities in which the club has a big support base, such as Los Angeles, Baltimore and New York.
A number of the club's sponsors are US companies, including tech giant HP, video games maker EA Sports, and sports brand Under Armour.
Mullally said Tottenham Hotspur was always considering new commercial tie-ups, including those in the US.
The club says it has around six million fans in the US.
This year, the club undertook a number of marketing initiatives working with its sponsors. These included working with EA sports on a venture involving the hiring out of space in Grand Central Station, New York, where player images were showcased.
It also has carried out a number of grassroots initiatives in the US, which it is now looking to build on with its commercial partners.
The club is visiting Asia next year for its pre-season tour. However, it will return to the US in 2014.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Strategy & Database Marketing Manager - Europe Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, South East England
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...