Rebekah Brooks paid £10.8m compensation
Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News International, received £10.8m compensation from the media company following her exit amid the phone hacking scandal.
Rebekah Brooks: former chief executive of News International
Financial figures for News International Trading Limited, filed at Companies House, reveal that a News International director was paid £10.8m compensation for loss of office.
This director is understood to be Brooks.
The disclosure marks the first time that News International – publisher of The Sun and The Times titles – has confirmed how much Brooks was paid.
The accounts also reveal that News International is paying for the legal costs incurred by the various charges Brooks is fighting. These charges include the alleged hacking of voicemails of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.
The £10.8m figure is higher than previous reports, which was estimated to be more than £7m.
Brooks resigned from News International in July 2011 following the phone hacking scandal.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...