Audi UK marketing boss departs
Audi UK head of marketing Dominic Chambers has left the Volkswagen-owned car marque.
Dominic Chambers: leaves Audi
The former LG Electronics and Vodafone marketer is understood to have left the manufacturer last month without a job to go to. An Audi spokeswoman refused to confirm whether the brand would be hiring a replacement.
In the interim, Audi’s UK director Martin Sander, himself a former marketer for Audi North America, will oversee marketing, with support from national CRM and centre marketing manager Sarah Cox.
Chambers joined Audi in July 2011 as the replacement for Peter Duffy, who had left the previous year to join easyJet. He had previously held senior marketing roles at Seagram, Warner Home Video and Uniqlo.
While in the role, Chambers had expressed a desire to bring Audi’s "Vorsprung Durch Technik" strapline, telling Marketing he would "ensure it features more heavily and is a core part of the creative brief".
He also oversaw campaigns for Audi’s A6 Avant and A3 sedan model. The latter, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, emphasised that the A3 is "uncluttered" when compared with rival cars.
Audi is currently holding a review of its UK digital agency arrangements. The pitch is being handled by Agency Insight and Hugh Fletcher, the national digital manager for Audi UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London