Google Maps returns to iPhone
Google Maps has returned to the iPhone, months after Apple replaced it with its own service.
Google Maps: returns to iPhones
Apple replaced Google's mapping service with its own when it launched its iPhone 5 handset but the move was widely panned after the service was found to contain errors.
Complaints included Berlin appearing in Antarctica, a Dublin farm labelled as an airport and the Severn Bridge appearing flattened.
The faults forced Apple chief executive Time Cook to make a public apology.
The free Google Maps app is available in 40 countries and has features such as turn-by-turn navigation, live-traffic updates and birds-eye view of landscapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)