Google Maps returns to iPhone
Google Maps has returned to the iPhone, months after Apple replaced it with its own service.
Google Maps: returns to iPhones
Apple replaced Google's mapping service with its own when it launched its iPhone 5 handset but the move was widely panned after the service was found to contain errors.
Complaints included Berlin appearing in Antarctica, a Dublin farm labelled as an airport and the Severn Bridge appearing flattened.
The faults forced Apple chief executive Time Cook to make a public apology.
The free Google Maps app is available in 40 countries and has features such as turn-by-turn navigation, live-traffic updates and birds-eye view of landscapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)