Google Maps returns to iPhone
Google Maps has returned to the iPhone, months after Apple replaced it with its own service.
Google Maps: returns to iPhones
Apple replaced Google's mapping service with its own when it launched its iPhone 5 handset but the move was widely panned after the service was found to contain errors.
Complaints included Berlin appearing in Antarctica, a Dublin farm labelled as an airport and the Severn Bridge appearing flattened.
The faults forced Apple chief executive Time Cook to make a public apology.
The free Google Maps app is available in 40 countries and has features such as turn-by-turn navigation, live-traffic updates and birds-eye view of landscapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London