Google Maps returns to iPhone
Google Maps has returned to the iPhone, months after Apple replaced it with its own service.
Google Maps: returns to iPhones
Apple replaced Google's mapping service with its own when it launched its iPhone 5 handset but the move was widely panned after the service was found to contain errors.
Complaints included Berlin appearing in Antarctica, a Dublin farm labelled as an airport and the Severn Bridge appearing flattened.
The faults forced Apple chief executive Time Cook to make a public apology.
The free Google Maps app is available in 40 countries and has features such as turn-by-turn navigation, live-traffic updates and birds-eye view of landscapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London