Google Maps returns to iPhone
Google Maps has returned to the iPhone, months after Apple replaced it with its own service.
Google Maps: returns to iPhones
Apple replaced Google's mapping service with its own when it launched its iPhone 5 handset but the move was widely panned after the service was found to contain errors.
Complaints included Berlin appearing in Antarctica, a Dublin farm labelled as an airport and the Severn Bridge appearing flattened.
The faults forced Apple chief executive Time Cook to make a public apology.
The free Google Maps app is available in 40 countries and has features such as turn-by-turn navigation, live-traffic updates and birds-eye view of landscapes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London