C4 in major 4oD ad deal with Microsoft Windows 8
Channel 4 has struck a major advertising partnership with Microsoft and developed the UK's first video-on-demand app for its Windows 8 platform.
Channel 4: signs deal with Microsoft
As part of the deal, Channel 4 has tailored an exclusive ad package to promote Windows 8 on 4oD. It will run from today and run for three months and feature co-branded Windows 8 and 4oD idents, taking the first pre-roll ad slot across every 4oD platform for the next three months, from today.
Channel 4 is claiming the deal is the largest of its kind for 4oD. It is also launching co-branded TV ads which air tonight during the Simpsons on Channel 4.
The 4oD app for Windows 8 means users will be able to access Channel 4's content on demand across Microsoft products, including its Windows 8 Phone and Surface tablet.
The ads were created in-house by 4Creative and the package managed by Universal McCann. A Channel 4 spokeswoman did not disclose how much the deal was worth.
Michael McSharry, group digital manager at Channel 4, who managed the deal, said:
"It demonstrates how we can work with clients collaboratively to create something that is new to market, bespoke and one that utilises all our 4oD platforms as well as linking in to relevant content on Channel 4 to provide a fully integrated cross media brand experience."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Copywriter - Tone of Voice, Ethical Brand ADLIB £30k-35k, Bristol