Leo Burnett ECD Justin Tindall presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Match.com, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by Leo Burnett executive creative director Justin Tindall for being three great ads in recent years.
Tindall, who served on the Cannes Lions Film jury in 2011, reveals his choices during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
He praises Stella Artois' 'Good Doctor' ad by Lowe Lintas & Partners for its direction and how it breaks with the norms of premium beer advertising. "I can't think of any campaign which has more premium a feel than that campaign but there are none of the obvious cues about being premium in it."
The VW Polo ad by BMP DDB, which was written by Jeremy Craigen and directed by Jonathan Glazer, includes "really memorable moments" and "at its heart is a human truth that is absolutely unarguable", Tindall claims.
His third great ad is Mother's 'Accidental Duet' execution for Match.com in 2010, which he says "It absolutely stopped me in my tracks ... it really feels like a film."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...