Radio sponsorship and promotions rise 8% in 2012
The relaxation of the broadcasting code is starting to boost the coffers of UK radio, with revenues for sponsorship and promotions up 8.1% in 2012, according to new figures from the Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB).
UK radio: sponsorship and promotions have risen by 8% in 2012
The increase in the previously unavailable S&P spend equates to around £8m, and is expected to grow further in 2013 as brands look for deeper and broader engagement with customers.
Some of the year’s most successful S&P campaigns have included Coca Cola's Olympic Torch Relay campaign running across Bauer and Global stations, Weight Watchers' campaign on Bauer's Place portfolio, the XFM Naked Breakfast, and Tesco's campaign on Absolute Radio.
The S&P rises comes on top of an expected rise of more than 4% for radio revenue growth, according to RAB estimates.
Simon Redican, managing director of the RAB, told Media Week, "This is great news and it's all new money.
"Advertising solutions are being integrated seamlessly into programming, greatly enhancing the listener experience. We are also harnessing new platforms to deliver all advertiser objectives from brand building to activation. This reinvigoration of our traditional strength in beyond-the-spot solutions, is behind this impressive revenue growth"Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Planner The Great & The Good Up to £100k , West End
- International Marketing & Sales Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Top 10 Agency - Central London - c£48k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd c£48k+, Central London