Radio sponsorship and promotions rise 8% in 2012
The relaxation of the broadcasting code is starting to boost the coffers of UK radio, with revenues for sponsorship and promotions up 8.1% in 2012, according to new figures from the Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB).
UK radio: sponsorship and promotions have risen by 8% in 2012
The increase in the previously unavailable S&P spend equates to around £8m, and is expected to grow further in 2013 as brands look for deeper and broader engagement with customers.
Some of the year’s most successful S&P campaigns have included Coca Cola's Olympic Torch Relay campaign running across Bauer and Global stations, Weight Watchers' campaign on Bauer's Place portfolio, the XFM Naked Breakfast, and Tesco's campaign on Absolute Radio.
The S&P rises comes on top of an expected rise of more than 4% for radio revenue growth, according to RAB estimates.
Simon Redican, managing director of the RAB, told Media Week, "This is great news and it's all new money.
"Advertising solutions are being integrated seamlessly into programming, greatly enhancing the listener experience. We are also harnessing new platforms to deliver all advertiser objectives from brand building to activation. This reinvigoration of our traditional strength in beyond-the-spot solutions, is behind this impressive revenue growth"Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Ecommerce and CRM Manager Spotlight Recruitment negotiable, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...