Nissan terminates cycling sponsorship
Nissan has ended its co-title sponsorship of the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling team.
Nissan: withdraws its sponsorship of the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling team
The move means that Nissan has ended its association with cycling.
Nissan's pulling of its sponsorship is the latest setback for bicycle manufacturer Trek, following on from the fallout of the Lance Armstrong scandal.
The Nissan logo will no longer appear on the team's jersey. However, Nissan is required by contract to maintain its financial support of the team throughout the 2013 season.
David Reuter, vice-president of corporate communications for Nissan Americas, said: "Nissan and its management team of RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling have reached an agreement that provides for Nissan’s immediate withdrawal as a sponsor of the team, while enabling the team to continue competing in the upcoming 2013 season. Nissan wishes the riders, team management and professional cycling well in future endeavours."
Trek ended its commercial relationship with Lance Armstrong in the wake of the drugs scandal. The cycling giant followed Armstrong’s other sponsors Nike and Anheuser-Bush in ending its sponsorship.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)