Nissan terminates cycling sponsorship
Nissan has ended its co-title sponsorship of the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling team.
Nissan: withdraws its sponsorship of the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling team
The move means that Nissan has ended its association with cycling.
Nissan's pulling of its sponsorship is the latest setback for bicycle manufacturer Trek, following on from the fallout of the Lance Armstrong scandal.
The Nissan logo will no longer appear on the team's jersey. However, Nissan is required by contract to maintain its financial support of the team throughout the 2013 season.
David Reuter, vice-president of corporate communications for Nissan Americas, said: "Nissan and its management team of RadioShack-Nissan-Trek cycling have reached an agreement that provides for Nissan’s immediate withdrawal as a sponsor of the team, while enabling the team to continue competing in the upcoming 2013 season. Nissan wishes the riders, team management and professional cycling well in future endeavours."
Trek ended its commercial relationship with Lance Armstrong in the wake of the drugs scandal. The cycling giant followed Armstrong’s other sponsors Nike and Anheuser-Bush in ending its sponsorship.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...