Petplan relaunches with biggest ad investment to date
Petplan is relaunching its brand with the biggest ad campaign in its 36-year history, featuring a TV spot that will introduce a new visual identity.
This multimillion-pound campaign marks the first time the pet insurer has created a TV ad campaign that will run on the major television channels.
The activity will launch on Friday (4 January) and will introduce the new visual identity, which will be rolled out through the website, direct marketing material and veterinary surgeries.
The visual identity was created by the brand’s new ad agency Now, alongside the brand's other agencies Arthur, Equimedia and Lighthouse.
Creative for the 30-second TV ad features 45 different breeds of cats, dogs and rabbits appearing on screen alongside 'The Major General’s Song’ tune from the 'Pirates of Penzance', with the names of the breeds sung by comedian Ben Miller.
The execution ends with the strapline, "Every pet deserves Petplan".
Isabella von Mesterhazy, head of marketing, claimed the ad, "dramatises in a charming way the depth and breadth of our claims experience".
Television activity will be supported by a behind-the-scenes online video "narrated" by Steve the Jack Russell, one of the dogs featured in the ad.
The TV ad was directed by Sean de Sparengo and produced by Believe Media.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)