WPP invests $70m in minority stake in Globant
WPP has acquired 20% of Globant, an international technology services provider headquartered in Buenos Aires, for approximately $70m (£43m).
Sir Martin Sorrell: chief executive of WPP
Globant works for WPP client American Express, as well as WPP agencies JWT, Young & Rubicam, Grey, GroupM and Kantar. Its other clients include JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Google and Coca-Cola.
Globant was launched in Argentina in 2003 and now employs 2,700 engineers, marketing specialists and designers in 21 offices across Latin America, the UK and the US.
WPP’s move comes within six months of it paying $540m to acquire all of AKQA and of rival Publicis Groupe paying $539m to acquire LBi, both technology and creative-focused agencies.
WPP claimed Globant was "unique" in that "it provides clients with both the infrastructure and technical support that drive digital marketing campaigns, combined with the creative and design skills usually found alone in digital agencies".
In 2011, Globant generated net revenues of $90m (£55m), AKQA generated revenues of $189m (£116m), and LBi, net revenues of €196.6m (approximately $255m).
Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, said: "Partnering with Globant will allow our companies to increasingly provide our clients with insights and skills that will make their digital marketing efforts even more effective and simpler to manage, at both the front and back ends."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- POS Account Manager Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, East Midlands
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...