Locog's Joanna Manning-Cooper joins England Rugby World Cup 2015
Joanna Manning-Cooper, the head of PR and media at the London 2012 Olympics, is joining the organisation tasked with running the 2015 Rugby World Cup in England, in the top marketing and communications role.
Rugby World Cup 2015: the pool allocation draw was held in London last month
Manning-Cooper was one of the key figures overseeing the communications of the London 2012 Olympics.
She is joining England Rugby World Cup 2015 as director of marketing and communications, where she will work with Debbie Jevans, a former colleague at the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog), where she was the director of sport. Jevans is the new chief executive of England Rugby World Cup 2015.
Jevans and Cooper were both lauded for their roles in their managing of the London 2012 Games.
In her new post, Manning-Cooper will oversee marketing activity around ticketing for the World Cup, along with likely brand campaigns.
Prior to her time at Locog, Manning-Cooper was the director of communications at the Financial Times. She began work with Locog in 2006.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Insight Manager (Mobile Technology) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager AF Selection Up to £28,000, Manchester
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey