Leo Burnett unveils first TV ad for Co-op Funeralcare
Leo Burnett unveils its first ad campaign for The Co-operative Funeralcare today after winning the account in May.
The moving campaign, 'Smile', which includes TV, press, radio, outdoor and digital activity will launch on ITV with a 40-second spot. A shorter 30-second ad will also be shown.
The ad features a bereaved wife who is taken on a detour on the way to her husband's funeral, passing along a bridge that looks down over his favourite fishing spot, where fellow fisherman bow to pay their respects.
A narrator explains that a funeral is more than just flowers, cars and music, and that at Funeralcare, it's about finding those personal touches, such as changing the route to prompt a happy memory.
The TV ad was directed by Oscar-nominated director Peter Cattaneo, who was behind 'The Full Monty'.
The copywriter on the ad was Graham Lakeland and the art director was Richard Robinson. Creative directors included Tony Malcolm and Guy Moore. Rocket was the media agency behind the ad. The production company was Academy Films.
Lorinda Robinson, head of marketing at The Co-operative Funeralcare, said: The business has been a pioneer in TV advertising in the funeral industry and the new advert highlights how, as the UK's leading funeral director, we ensure that every funeral we arrange is completely personal and unique."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)