Sainsbury's to put content at heart of marketing strategy
Sainsbury's is to make content a central pillar of its marketing, merging its content and digital teams to deliver the strategy.
Sainsbury's: investing in content focus
Head of online marketing Joel Dawson will lead the combined team, with head of content Sarah Ellis moving across to the PR department on a temporary 'broadening assignment'.
The increasing focus on content is intended to help deliver the supermarket's 'Live well for less' brand promise to its customers.
Sainsbury's marketing director Sarah Warby told Marketing:'If you are not feeling and acting like a publisher, you are missing a massive trick.'
The decision to create the combined team comes on the back of 'phenomenal' traffic to Sainsbury's Tu clothing website, which acts as a content portal and currently has no transactional element.
Sainsbury's is making further strides into content with the development of an ad-funded TV show called What's Cooking. The 13-week series is expected to air on weekdays on Channel 4.
Ellis featured in last year's Marketing Power 100 Next Generation, which highlights the best young marketing talent in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London