Nescafé strikes partnership with Bauer stations
Nescafé Original has signed a six-figure partnership with Bauer Media to sponsor the Magic 105.4 and Key 103 breakfast shows and run a weekly competition across the Place portfolio.
Neil Fox: presents Magic Breakfast on Magic 105.4 (photo: Matt Prince)
The activity was planned and bought by Mindshare on behalf of the Nestlé-owned coffee brand.
The six-month campaign starts today and will run online and on-air across the Bauer Place Portfolio of city-based radio stations.
However, its main activity will involve sponsored 10-second credits running throughout 'Magic Breakfast' with Neil Fox and Verity Geere, and Key 103’s breakfast show ‘Mike & Chelsea In The Morning’.
A Nescafé tag will also be played every morning before the 'Foxy’s Jukebox' feature and the DJ will encourage listeners to take part in a Nescafé Original competition by sharing a song that will kick start their day.
The competition prize will be a trip across London in Foxy's helicopter.
The 'Kick Start Your Day' campaign will also be extended across the Place Portfolio. Each Monday, the breakfast presenters across the stations will play a listener's ‘Kick Start Your Week’ tracks before directing listeners to the online competition.
According to the Rajar figures for the third quarter of 2012, Magic 105.4 has the widest reach of any commercial station in London, with an average of 2.2 million listeners a week.
The Bauer Place Portfolio, which includes stations such as Radio Aire in Leeds and Metro Radio in Newcastle, reaches 8.6 million adults each week across the UK.
Karen Stacey, broadcast sales director at Bauer Media, said: "This branded sponsorship deal is a great example of how advertisers can use Bauer Media to reach both national and local audiences across the UK.
"Our audiences feel more connected, involved and engaged with our radio stations compared to our competitors, and it's this connection that makes this campaign a perfect fit for Nescafé, allowing them to reach our specially created breakfast shows across the UK."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...