MediaCom's Karen Blackett voices apprenticeship radio ad
Karen Blackett, chief executive of MediaCom, has voiced a radio ad for the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS).
The campaign is intended to encourage more employers to recruit apprentices by focusing on their quality and how they can help businesses to grow. It also highlights the £1,500 grant available to employers with fewer than 1,000 employees who take on an apprentice between the ages of 16-24.
Blackett praises apprentices for helping to "future proof" MediaCom's business in one of the ads.
The NAS said it chose MediaCom because of the agency's ongoing commitment to apprenticeships. The WPP-owned agency launched an apprenticeship programme in July 2012 with the help of the NAS, which saw it take 10 young people into the agency’s London office.
Blackett said: "Apprenticeships provide a great opportunity to bring enthusiastic young people in to a business and train them with the skills that exactly meet the organisation’s needs. We were keen to take part in the adverts as we want to help other employers to understand the many benefits to taking on apprentices.
The campaign was created by London Creative and the media was planned and bought by M4C.
The ads will be broadcast to an estimated 25 million people on national and regional radio stations during January and February. A film showing the making of the adverts and the employers featured can be seen at www.apprentice.tv.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...