Department of Health anti smoking ad becomes its most viewed online
The Department for Health's hard-hitting anti-smoking advert has become the most viewed video on its YouTube channel.
The campaign, ‘Mutations’, which launched at the end of last year, has become the DoH’s most popular video online with over two million hits on its YouTube channel.
The ad, created by Dare and Now, features a tumour growing on a cigarette as it is smoked. It is the first shock anti-smoking ad since the 'Fatty Cigarette' campaign by the British Heart Foundation in 2006.
The copywriter on the ad was Stuart Woodall with art direction by Sean Vrabel. The creative directors were Nick Bird and Lee Smith.
Sheila Mitchell, marketing director, Department of Health, said: "Already the advert has had a tremendous impact and, because so many people are talking about it, we’re seeing record numbers flock to our channel to view it themselves.
"We aimed to strike a nerve with the campaign and these viewing figures show that it has already become a talking point."
The advert presents smokers with the shocking truth behind cigarettes and encourages those trying to quit to pick up a free Quit Kit from their local pharmacy to help them along their journey.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...