ISBA welcomes coalition Mid-Term Review
ISBA has hailed the coalition’s Mid-Term Review an ‘”encouraging start to the New Year” for brands, as it recognises industry efforts to curb unsuitable marketing to children.
Mid-Term Review: launched by David Cameron and Nick Clegg
The review, launched by of the prime minister and deputy prime minister on Monday, highlights Government’s work with the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) in a section called 'Building a Better Society'.
Ian Twinn, director of public affairs at the advertiser body, said: "Advertisers will take encouragement from the welcome acknowledgement by the PM and DPM of the work the whole industry is doing to help protect children from inappropriate advertising. We give our full support to our independent regulator, the ASA."
Twinn also highlighted the Digital Adwise Parent Pack, established to raise awareness among parents of the advertising children may encounter in the digital landscape, as another way that industry was addressing concerns.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)