Giffgaff appoints Fallon to its ad account
Giffgaff, O2's online SIM-only mobile network, has appointed Fallon to its advertising account.
Giffgaff: hires Fallon for its advertising business
Fallon picked up the business after a pitch, run through the AAR, against Creature and The Brooklyn Brothers, which kicked off in September last year.
The mobile brand split with Albion, its incumbent of three years, prior to calling the review. The shake-up came six months after the arrival of former Procter & Gamble marketer Emma Jenkins as chief marketing officer at Giffgaff.
Jenkins said: "It's fantastic to have Fallon working with us. We are looking forward to delivering creative campaigns in a Giffgaff way".
Gail Gallie, chief executive of Fallon, said: "Giffgaff has a brilliantly innovative approach to their business, and has real ambition to challenge the category."
Giffgaff’s most recent advertising includes its sponsorship of E4’s ‘The Big Bang Theory’. The sponsorship idents asked consumers to suggest which items it should blow up, with one of the executions featuring an exploding cake.
Albion led brand development for the business since its launch, having been appointed by O2 in May 2009 after a pitch also via the AAR.
The agency’s remit included all advertising, social media, website design and film idents for the brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...