101 launches C&C Group beer brand
101 has created and launched a beer brand for the cider-maker C&C Group.
Mark Elwood: 101 founder
The agency has named the premium lager Heverlee, after the town in Belgium where it is brewed, and has devised the brand’s logo and glass design. 101 picked up the project without a pitch.
Heverlee launches in London in early 2013, following a successful roll-out in Scotland last year. The beer is made using a recipe from the Norbertine monks at Park Abbey in Leuven.
The Norbertine motto, "Ne Quid Nimis" ("nothing to excess"), features as part of the brand’s identity. It refers to the idea that people can only achieve their potential by allowing themselves periods of rest and reflection.
Mark Elwood, the 101 founding partner, said: "When we visited the abbey, we saw this phrase written all over the stained-glass windows – it’s such a perfect strapline for a beer brand."
Heverlee is C&C’s second beer brand after Tennent’s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End