101 launches C&C Group beer brand
101 has created and launched a beer brand for the cider-maker C&C Group.
Mark Elwood: 101 founder
The agency has named the premium lager Heverlee, after the town in Belgium where it is brewed, and has devised the brand’s logo and glass design. 101 picked up the project without a pitch.
Heverlee launches in London in early 2013, following a successful roll-out in Scotland last year. The beer is made using a recipe from the Norbertine monks at Park Abbey in Leuven.
The Norbertine motto, "Ne Quid Nimis" ("nothing to excess"), features as part of the brand’s identity. It refers to the idea that people can only achieve their potential by allowing themselves periods of rest and reflection.
Mark Elwood, the 101 founding partner, said: "When we visited the abbey, we saw this phrase written all over the stained-glass windows – it’s such a perfect strapline for a beer brand."
Heverlee is C&C’s second beer brand after Tennent’s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)