Tribal DDB hires Dearson to oversee strategy
Tribal DDB has hired Phil Dearson as its head of strategy and user experience.
Phil Dearson: replaces Burdon
Dearson joins from The Marketing Store, where he was the head of innovation working on brands including McDonald’s, Britvic and Vodafone. He replaces Drew Burdon, who joined R/GA last year as the head of strategy and planning after the departure of its head of planning and Campaign columnist, Russell Davies.
In his new role, Dearson takes a place on the Tribal board and will be responsible for working across the agency’s entire client portfolio, including Guinness, Volkswagen and John Lewis, as well as developing its innovation unit, Tribal SPARK.
Dearson will work alongside Tribal’s managing director, Tom Roberts, and the executive creative director, Simon Richings.
Roberts said: "Phil has a stellar background in the digital space and will be a valuable addition to the agency. His reputation of delivering successful innovation and business change for clients will contribute towards achieving our ambitions for 2013 and beyond."
Dearson added: "Tribal is one of the few companies that can work across the full spectrum of digital to solve problems for clients and the people they care about."
In his 20-year career, Dearson has also held senior positions at agencies including Exposure, Blonde Digital and DC Interact.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...