Guardian unveils blockbuster spoof starring Hugh Grant
The Guardian has unveiled a tongue-in-cheek ad starring Hollywood A-list actor Hugh Grant, as part of its new 'Own the Weekend' campaign.
The three-minute ad, which launches today online, will also be aired in cinemas, via press and outdoor. The film will also be cut down to 60 and 30-seconds throughout January.
Created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH), the tongue-in-cheek ad is a pastiche of a Jerry Bruckheimer blockbuster trailer and includes a series of spoof scenes, such as two colleagues discussing what they did over the Guardian and Observer weekend.
It also highlights the launch of Cook, the Guardian's new 16-page food and drink supplement.
The ad will feature the strapline, 'We own the weekend', and includes established Guardian weekend editorial supplements.
The film was directed by Tim Godsall and produced by Biscuit Films. The creative team on the ad was Wesley Hawes and Gary McCreadie. David Kolbusz was the creative director on the ad. PHD handled the media activity.
Cook will come free with every Saturday Guardian and will also feature in the Guardian and Observer iPad edition and Guardian Kindle edition.
David Pemsel, chief commercial officer, Guardian News & Media, said: "We wanted to continue last year’s marketing successes by experimenting with a new, bold approach to January marketing in 2013. We're delighted to have Hugh Grant on board, helping us create a fun and irreverent style which taps into the spirit of our weekend papers."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)