Miami travel group appoints Four bgb for UK promotions
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau has hired Four bgb to promote the Miami area and its beaches in the UK market.
Miami: Tourism promotion in the UK
As part of the three-year contract, the firm will develop a strategic PR plan. It is expected to include arranging media visits throughout the year, securing high-profile, targeted TV broadcasts and developing radio promotions on targeted stations.
The firm will also disseminate press releases and conduct social media outreach, according to the RFP for the contract.
London-based Four bgb won the business after a competitive pitch process. It is replacing First Public Relations, which held the account for the past 12 years.
'Four bgb gave a dynamic presentation and had an understanding of the brand and a strength in social media,' said Suzie Sponder, director of media relations for Europe and Asia at the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
First PR will continue in its role as the official UK office for the Convention and Visitors Bureau, working on sales and marketing, said First PR MD Alison Cryer.
'We look forward to working with an agency that is going to exponentially increase social media visibility for the destination supplementing our sales and marketing activities,' she added.
The agency roster shift comes after the Miami tourism association noticed a drop in those travelling from the region to 286,600 in 2011, from 326,500 people in 2008. Full figures were last available for 2011.
'There are more and more destinations that are vying for the attention of UK citizens,' said Lalla Dutt, creative director at Four bgb. 'The whole concept of going on holiday and finding new destinations has changed; many people are cash-strapped.'
Last month, the state of North Carolina released an RFP seeking agency help to promote it as a tourism destination in the UK.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...