ISBA challenges 'ill-thought out' EU data protection report
ISBA has expressed concern that the European Parliament’s draft report on the Data Protection Regulation imposes significant new restrictions and definitions for advertisers, and will contradict the EU Charter on fundamental rights.
Ian Twinn: slams latest EU data protection proposals
The report by the Civil Liberties Committee, which was released on Wednesday, forms part of Brussels' efforts to reform data laws.
Ian Twinn, ISBA's director of public affairs, said: "The EU's data protection proposal just got much worse. Advertisers will be concerned about the widening of the definition of 'personal data' and the extension of the need for 'explicit consent'.
Twinn added that the "right to be forgotten" had also been included, "without any acknowledgement that it is in fact undeliverable".
He said: "We will continue to lobby Brussels, with the World Federation of Advertisers, to bring some common sense back into the debate and try to mitigate the harm that these ill-thought out proposals represent to our members."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury