ISBA challenges 'ill-thought out' EU data protection report
ISBA has expressed concern that the European Parliament’s draft report on the Data Protection Regulation imposes significant new restrictions and definitions for advertisers, and will contradict the EU Charter on fundamental rights.
Ian Twinn: slams latest EU data protection proposals
The report by the Civil Liberties Committee, which was released on Wednesday, forms part of Brussels' efforts to reform data laws.
Ian Twinn, ISBA's director of public affairs, said: "The EU's data protection proposal just got much worse. Advertisers will be concerned about the widening of the definition of 'personal data' and the extension of the need for 'explicit consent'.
Twinn added that the "right to be forgotten" had also been included, "without any acknowledgement that it is in fact undeliverable".
He said: "We will continue to lobby Brussels, with the World Federation of Advertisers, to bring some common sense back into the debate and try to mitigate the harm that these ill-thought out proposals represent to our members."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...