PRWeek TV: Absence of Olympic and Paralympic Games set to 'liberate' brands
The lack of the Olympic and Paralympic Games will prove 'hugely liberating' for many brands in 2013, it has been claimed.
Alongside a feature looking at trends for 2013, PRWeek talked to Hill+Knowlton Strategies MD of retail and leisure and lead on sustainability Flic Howard-Allen and Hope & Glory PR founder James Gordon-MacIntosh for their views.
Though he warned some companies would lose 'a natural narrative', Gordon-MacIntosh said that a comparatively quiet year would prove to be ‘hugely liberating’ for many brands that had previously had to sit out of the London 2012 spectacle.
‘There were a lot of brands that, to some degree, shut up shop over the summer. You couldn’t be part of [the Olympic and Paralympic Games]. There was a sense that there wasn’t going to be a great deal of media and consumer head space.’
Though she pointed out that the birth of a the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s first child would be one big news hook for 2013, Howard-Allen agreed.
‘A year like this is a great year for storytelling… a lot of it is based around having great ideas that are the engine for content,' she said.
Among other topics discussed on this week’s PRWeek TV are the ways that PR has become a public practice, and the challenge for City PR professionals in particular.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...