PRWeek TV: Absence of Olympic and Paralympic Games set to 'liberate' brands
The lack of the Olympic and Paralympic Games will prove 'hugely liberating' for many brands in 2013, it has been claimed.
Alongside a feature looking at trends for 2013, PRWeek talked to Hill+Knowlton Strategies MD of retail and leisure and lead on sustainability Flic Howard-Allen and Hope & Glory PR founder James Gordon-MacIntosh for their views.
Though he warned some companies would lose 'a natural narrative', Gordon-MacIntosh said that a comparatively quiet year would prove to be ‘hugely liberating’ for many brands that had previously had to sit out of the London 2012 spectacle.
‘There were a lot of brands that, to some degree, shut up shop over the summer. You couldn’t be part of [the Olympic and Paralympic Games]. There was a sense that there wasn’t going to be a great deal of media and consumer head space.’
Though she pointed out that the birth of a the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s first child would be one big news hook for 2013, Howard-Allen agreed.
‘A year like this is a great year for storytelling… a lot of it is based around having great ideas that are the engine for content,' she said.
Among other topics discussed on this week’s PRWeek TV are the ways that PR has become a public practice, and the challenge for City PR professionals in particular.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London