Anthony Nolan beatboxes about blood cancer in online ad
Anthony Nolan, the blood cancer awareness charity, has launched an online ad campaign to encourage men to donate bone marrow.
The campaign, "Make some noise about blood cancer", has launched online with a 60- and 30-second film.
The film, created by Albion, features beatboxer Bass6 onstage in front of a live audience, creating different sound effects on his mic for different words that appear on a screen.
When the words "blood cancer" appear, he says: "There is no music in blood cancer, but as long as it’s around, we have to make some noise about it. You could cure blood cancer simply by donating bone marrow."
The online campaign forms part of a wider initiative that will include radio and posters ads. Total Media handled the media planning and buying, and the film is being seeded by the7thChamber.
Creative director on the ad was Hemant Jain, who worked alongside creatives Debs Gerrard and Laura Muse. Stitch That was the film production company, and it was directed by Martyn Thomas.
Chrystyna Chymera, marketing manager at Anthony Nolan, said: "We wanted to create a campaign that really engaged young men and motivated them to join the bone marrow register."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)