Anthony Nolan beatboxes about blood cancer in online ad
Anthony Nolan, the blood cancer awareness charity, has launched an online ad campaign to encourage men to donate bone marrow.
The campaign, "Make some noise about blood cancer", has launched online with a 60- and 30-second film.
The film, created by Albion, features beatboxer Bass6 onstage in front of a live audience, creating different sound effects on his mic for different words that appear on a screen.
When the words "blood cancer" appear, he says: "There is no music in blood cancer, but as long as it’s around, we have to make some noise about it. You could cure blood cancer simply by donating bone marrow."
The online campaign forms part of a wider initiative that will include radio and posters ads. Total Media handled the media planning and buying, and the film is being seeded by the7thChamber.
Creative director on the ad was Hemant Jain, who worked alongside creatives Debs Gerrard and Laura Muse. Stitch That was the film production company, and it was directed by Martyn Thomas.
Chrystyna Chymera, marketing manager at Anthony Nolan, said: "We wanted to create a campaign that really engaged young men and motivated them to join the bone marrow register."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London