Britvic and Barr deal hit by delay
The merger between Britvic and AG Barr has been delayed until at least February while the Office for Fair Trading (OFT) continues to probe the deal, it was announced today.
Irn-Bru: AG Barr fizzy drink brand
The OFT is scrutinising the deal to see if it could result in a "substantial lessening of competition" in the UK drinks industry.
The firms said in a joint statement: "[We] have been informed...that the OFT is extending the timetable for its decision on the merger as it has not yet completed its review.
The proposed merger between Britvic, Robinson's owner and AG Barr, the maker of Irn-Bru, will create Barr Britvic Soft Drinks, with annual sales of more than £1.5bn.
Barr Britvic’s operational headquarters are proposed to be at Britvic’s existing head office at Hemel Hempstead.
The two companies expect to achieve recurring annual cost synergies of approximately £35m through overhead savings, procurement savings and supply chain enhancements.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...