Britvic and Barr deal hit by delay
The merger between Britvic and AG Barr has been delayed until at least February while the Office for Fair Trading (OFT) continues to probe the deal, it was announced today.
Irn-Bru: AG Barr fizzy drink brand
The OFT is scrutinising the deal to see if it could result in a "substantial lessening of competition" in the UK drinks industry.
The firms said in a joint statement: "[We] have been informed...that the OFT is extending the timetable for its decision on the merger as it has not yet completed its review.
The proposed merger between Britvic, Robinson's owner and AG Barr, the maker of Irn-Bru, will create Barr Britvic Soft Drinks, with annual sales of more than £1.5bn.
Barr Britvic’s operational headquarters are proposed to be at Britvic’s existing head office at Hemel Hempstead.
The two companies expect to achieve recurring annual cost synergies of approximately £35m through overhead savings, procurement savings and supply chain enhancements.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London