Britvic and Barr deal hit by delay
The merger between Britvic and AG Barr has been delayed until at least February while the Office for Fair Trading (OFT) continues to probe the deal, it was announced today.
Irn-Bru: AG Barr fizzy drink brand
The OFT is scrutinising the deal to see if it could result in a "substantial lessening of competition" in the UK drinks industry.
The firms said in a joint statement: "[We] have been informed...that the OFT is extending the timetable for its decision on the merger as it has not yet completed its review.
The proposed merger between Britvic, Robinson's owner and AG Barr, the maker of Irn-Bru, will create Barr Britvic Soft Drinks, with annual sales of more than £1.5bn.
Barr Britvic’s operational headquarters are proposed to be at Britvic’s existing head office at Hemel Hempstead.
The two companies expect to achieve recurring annual cost synergies of approximately £35m through overhead savings, procurement savings and supply chain enhancements.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London