Carling to rival Stella Artois with cider launch
Carling is challenging rival Stella Artois with the launch of its first cider, called Carling British Cider, supported by a £4.5m marketing campaign.
Molson Coors: unveils Carling British Cider
Brewer Molson Coors is launching the cider, a 4.5% abv premium drink, exclusively into the off-trade, in March.
It will be sold in 500ml and 275ml bottles and supported with marketing activity that will include TV and digital support.
Jeremy Gibson, brand director for Carling at Molson Coors UK, said: "Our aim was to make a product that beats the competition on taste and refreshment, and Carling British Cider has done just that. The consumer response has been overwhelmingly positive."
Molson Coors has spent 13 months developing the cider, working with the Hertfordshire-based supplier, Bevisol.
The brewer is entering a market where growth has hit a plateau
The off-trade market was worth £869m last year, which grew in value by 9% in the year to August 2012.
Molson Coors will be hoping to replicate the success that AB InBev has witnessed since it launched Stella Artois Cidre into the cider category two years ago.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)