Carling to rival Stella Artois with cider launch
Carling is challenging rival Stella Artois with the launch of its first cider, called Carling British Cider, supported by a £4.5m marketing campaign.
Molson Coors: unveils Carling British Cider
Brewer Molson Coors is launching the cider, a 4.5% abv premium drink, exclusively into the off-trade, in March.
It will be sold in 500ml and 275ml bottles and supported with marketing activity that will include TV and digital support.
Jeremy Gibson, brand director for Carling at Molson Coors UK, said: "Our aim was to make a product that beats the competition on taste and refreshment, and Carling British Cider has done just that. The consumer response has been overwhelmingly positive."
Molson Coors has spent 13 months developing the cider, working with the Hertfordshire-based supplier, Bevisol.
The brewer is entering a market where growth has hit a plateau
The off-trade market was worth £869m last year, which grew in value by 9% in the year to August 2012.
Molson Coors will be hoping to replicate the success that AB InBev has witnessed since it launched Stella Artois Cidre into the cider category two years ago.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London