Barclays replaces Stephen Merchant ads with 'more emotive' approach
Barclays has rolled out a new, "more emotive" advertising strategy to replace its humorous Stephen Merchant-voiced campaigns
The bank has launched a 60-second film, created by BBH, in which it attempts to show it is "listening to its customers, recognises their financial dilemmas and has the products, tools and services to help resolve them".
In the ‘"You vs unconditional love" TV ad, voiced by actor Jim Broadbent, a father is seen during the various life stages of his daughter, attempting to balance his own needs with her desires, from a bicycle to a house.
It then introduces Barclays' new Family Springboard mortgage product, which allows parents to put their savings towards their loved ones' mortgage and get their money back, with interest, after three years.
This new approach, named 'You-shaped banking', by Barclays, has the brand moving away from its previous quirky advertising, voiced by Stephen Merchant, which used visual metaphors to represent complex financial challenges.
It was announced in July that Merchant would relinquish his role in the ads due to "increasing commitments in the US".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London