Barclays replaces Stephen Merchant ads with 'more emotive' approach
Barclays has rolled out a new, "more emotive" advertising strategy to replace its humorous Stephen Merchant-voiced campaigns
The bank has launched a 60-second film, created by BBH, in which it attempts to show it is "listening to its customers, recognises their financial dilemmas and has the products, tools and services to help resolve them".
In the ‘"You vs unconditional love" TV ad, voiced by actor Jim Broadbent, a father is seen during the various life stages of his daughter, attempting to balance his own needs with her desires, from a bicycle to a house.
It then introduces Barclays' new Family Springboard mortgage product, which allows parents to put their savings towards their loved ones' mortgage and get their money back, with interest, after three years.
This new approach, named 'You-shaped banking', by Barclays, has the brand moving away from its previous quirky advertising, voiced by Stephen Merchant, which used visual metaphors to represent complex financial challenges.
It was announced in July that Merchant would relinquish his role in the ads due to "increasing commitments in the US".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...