NSPCC raids Age UK for new top marketer
Children's charity NSPCC has recruited Age UK director of fundraising Paul Farthing to lead its consumer-facing marketing.
NSPCC: hiring new head of fundraising from Age UK
His arrival follows a period of transition for the charity, with its chief executive Andrew Flanagan to leave in March.
Farthing was drafted in after interim fundraising director Mike Parker left in November. Parker had replaced Paul Amadi, who departed a year ago to become director of funding at Diabetes UK.
The NSPCC has been flooded with calls since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke last year. When the report of Operation Yewtree, the inquiry into the allegations, was published last week, the charity said the late media personality was one of the most prolific sex offenders in its history.
The NSPCC launched a national print campaign last month to ensure revelations about Savile were not seen as a purely historical problem. It encouraged people to report any concerns of children currently being abused.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire