Seat showcases Leon in augmented reality app
Seat, the Volkswagen-owned car marque, is launching an augmented reality app for visitors to its showrooms, to discover more about the new Leon.
Seat: unveils augmented reality app for Leon model
The free app by AnalogFolk uses the camera of an iPad, iPhone or Android-based device to highlight the Leon's features, ahead of its March launch.
The app is powered by Blippar technology, which overlays information, images and video when the camera is pointed towards markers placed around the Leon. For instance, when a user points the app towards the front of the car, the app reveals details of the Leon's full LED headlamps.
Chris Stevens, the head of marketing at Seat, said: "Given the advanced technology in the new Leon, the augmented reality experience is a perfect way for our customers to have a shared experience with our dealers in the showroom."
The car marque awarded its £12m UK advertising account to Grey London in November 2012 without a pitch. Its media planning and buying is handled by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London