My Secret Work Weapon: Lose the bewildering jargon and simply tell it like it is
Julie Plant, Managing director, Emmi UK
My secret work weapon is a no-nonsense, straight-talking attitude toward business.
Throughout my career, I've seen a variety of influential business people present, and I've often found their main messages can get lost behind seemingly impressive jargon.
When this happens, you can occasionally be left bewildered at the end of a talk. Too often, marketers can distance themselves from their consumer by getting caught up in their own hype, whereas at Emmi, acronyms are banned and we watch how our consumers shop and use our brands. My team gets straight to the point; we are all outstanding communicators and can build close connections with consumers.
This attitude is reflected in the products that we create. With Onken, for example, we pride ourselves on delivering 'just real tasty yoghurt' without promising a holistic experience.
Telling it how it is, rather than diluting my message with shiny words, has served me well.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...