Coca-Cola launches two-minute ad to tackle obesity
The Coca-Cola Company has launched a two-minute TV ad in the US as part of its bid to tackle the issue of obesity.
The campaign, created by Bright House and Citizen2, launched in the US last night on national news channels, including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. It is the first time the brand has attempted to tackle the issue of obesity in its advertising.
The two-minute ad, called "coming together", encourages everyone to be mindful that all calories count in managing their weight, including those in Coca-Cola products.
In a statement Coca-Cola said it would work with American communities, business and government leaders to "find meaningful solutions to the complex challenge of obesity".
The ad highlights that the company provides low-calorie drinks and offers portion-controlled versions of their full-fat beverages and labels the calorie content on all its drinks.
A second spot, called "be OK", will debut during ‘American Idol’ in the US on Wednesday 16 January. It will make clear that a can of Coca-Cola has 140 calories and encourage people to have some fun while burning calories off.
Stuart Kronauge, general manager, sparkling beverages, Coca-Cola North America, said: "We are committed to bring people together to help fight obesity.
"This is about the health and happiness of everyone who buys our products and wants great-tasting beverages, choice and information. The Coca-Cola Company has an important role in this fight. Together, with willing partners, we will succeed."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)